Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
To revive cut flowers after packing
Plunge the stems into boiling water, and by the time the water is cold, the flowers will have revived. Then cut afresh the ends of the stems, and keep them in fresh cold water. 1861
As with all our historical handy hints, this is a real tip from a Victorian book. We cannot say that it'll work and it's up to you if you want to try!
If you liked that fact, why not check out these:
- There's nothing like a nice private shower!
- To stink or not to stink
- How did Victorians try out a new invention?
- Stage strangeness
- Lazy Keufs
- The last ducking stool to be used in England
- Would you wee in your dining room?
- Victorian ladies' knickers had no middle
- Now that's what we call a cake!
- What did Victoria do first