Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
To promote the growth of hair
Ingredients - equal quantities of olive-oil and spirit of rosemary; a few drops of oil or nutmeg. Mode - Mix the ingredients together, rub the roots of the hair every night with a little of this linement, and the growth of it will very sensibly soon increase. 1861
As with all our historical handy hints, this is a real tip from a Victorian book. We cannot say that it'll work and it's up to you if you want to try!
If you liked that fact, why not check out these:
- There's nothing like a nice private shower!
- To stink or not to stink
- How did Victorians try out a new invention?
- Stage strangeness
- Lazy Keufs
- The last ducking stool to be used in England
- Would you wee in your dining room?
- Victorian ladies' knickers had no middle
- Now that's what we call a cake!
- What did Victoria do first