Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
When clothes have acquired an unpleasant odour by being from air, charcoal, laid in folds, will remove it soon. 1852
As with all our historical handy hints, this is a real tip from a Victorian book. We cannot say that it'll work and it's up to you if you want to try!
If you liked that fact, why not check out these:
- There's nothing like a nice private shower!
- To stink or not to stink
- How did Victorians try out a new invention?
- Stage strangeness
- Lazy Keufs
- The last ducking stool to be used in England
- Would you wee in your dining room?
- Victorian ladies' knickers had no middle
- Now that's what we call a cake!
- What did Victoria do first