Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
The name given to the tight trousers worn by some Regency gentlemen, such as the notorious Beau Brummell and his 'dandy' followers, as they showed off their leg muscles.
If you liked that fact, why not check out these:
- There's nothing like a nice private shower!
- To stink or not to stink
- How did Victorians try out a new invention?
- Stage strangeness
- Lazy Keufs
- The last ducking stool to be used in England
- Would you wee in your dining room?
- Victorian ladies' knickers had no middle
- Now that's what we call a cake!
- What did Victoria do first