Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
Anti-magnetic properties of the onion
The magnetic power of a compass needle, will be entirely discharged or changed by being touched with the juice of an onion.
As with all our historical handy hints, this is a real tip from a Victorian book. We cannot say that it'll work and it's up to you if you want to try!
If you liked that fact, why not check out these:
- There's nothing like a nice private shower!
- To stink or not to stink
- How did Victorians try out a new invention?
- Stage strangeness
- Lazy Keufs
- The last ducking stool to be used in England
- Would you wee in your dining room?
- Victorian ladies' knickers had no middle
- Now that's what we call a cake!
- What did Victoria do first