Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
Racing into Spring!
We’ve seen lots of lovely people over this Easter break, but our holiday started on Thursday night with a very special event. The Judge’s Lodging played host to the presentation of the Golden Kite Award to motorcycle rider, Presteigne’s own Chaz Davies. The Golden Kite Award is presented by Powys County Council to those who have achieved exceptional things either from the county or on behalf of its people. At only 25, Chaz is the reigning World Supersport Champion and BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year 2011 - the people of Presteigne are very proud of him. He is only the third people to receive this award, with previous recipients being bowler Robert Weale, the Commonwealth Gold medallist and Joanna Lumley, for her support of the Gurkhas.
The evening was finished off by a fabulous dinner in our candlelit Judge’s Dining Room, where we celebrated the event by covering the table in teeny little model bikes, weaving in amongst some glorious spring flowers. (See photos of the fabulous flowers provided by BareBlooms here)
If you want to know more about Chaz’s career, why not visit us this summer, when we will be featuring him in our Sporting Life in Presteigne exhibition. See his awards, riding equipment, photos, memoribilia and the World Supersport Trophy itself. The exhibition will run from late June until September. More information on this site very soon.
Well done Chaz. May you go on to even greater achievements.
- Sporting Life in Presteigne exhibition opens
- Racing into Spring!
- Christmas good wishes and a huge thank you
- National award headed our way!
- Why is it so important that we smell?
- The Judge's Lodging versus Downton Abbey!
- Chilling nights with Poe
- ...and on TV again!
- On your telly again!
- 29th April - A Celebration Indeed!
- Installation of the High Sheriff of Powys
- The elephant that never made it?
- Loyd Grossman and the tiny posh sandwiches
- A soggy repeat of history
- See us on TV this Autumn & Winter
- Very pleased with our new award
- Remembering a fine cat
- Pigs' ears, parrots and flaming nighties
- Arthur, the museum cat