Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
On your telly again!
For those of you who fancy exploring a bit of the beauty, history and rarities of Wales, you can treat yourself to the fascinating TV series 100 Lle (100 Places) now showing on S4C. Based on the award-winning book by historian Dr John Davies Wales - the 100 places to see before you die, the series charts all those must-see Welsh towns, buildings and oddities. At number 38 in the book, the entry for our great little town of Presteigne starts 'Presteigne has one of the world's most appealing small museums'. Thank you very much for the kind words, John.
The TV series, filmed earlier this year, sees presenter Aled Samuel, Dr Davies, and Marian Delyth, the book's photographer, travelling through Wales to visit each of the 100 places. Their visit to us saw them entranced by our period lighting - great fun to film in! Dr Davies is no stranger to our building, having visited several times and filmed the hilarious history series Byw yn ôl y Llyfr (Living by the Book) with us last year.
The episode to feature us will be broadcast on Tuesday 13th September 2011 at 8.25pm. It will also be broadcast on Wednesday 14th September at 13.35, which will feature English subtitles. You can watch in on S4C or via your computer on the channel's programme player, Clic
If you fancy getting to book, we can tell you it is really lovely - available in both English and Welsh versions too.
- Opening our doors with HLF this year!
- New Board seeks to raise the bar!
- Humbling Hudson's Heritage Awards second
- Student Conservator of the Year award!
- Ethiopian Emperor's shield causing excitement
- The Judge's Lodging brings Napoleon to Powys!
- The Judge's Lodging versus Downton Abbey!
- Ironmongers Extraordinaire!
- Sporting Life in Presteigne exhibition opens
- Racing into Spring!
- Christmas good wishes and a huge thank you
- National award headed our way!
- Why is it so important that we smell?
- Chilling nights with Poe
- ...and on TV again!
- On your telly again!
- 29th April - A Celebration Indeed!
- Installation of the High Sheriff of Powys
- The elephant that never made it?
- Loyd Grossman and the tiny posh sandwiches
- Christmas good wishes and a big thank you
- A soggy repeat of history
- See us on TV this Autumn & Winter
- Very pleased with our new award
- Remembering a fine cat
- Pigs' ears, parrots and flaming nighties
- Arthur, the museum cat