Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
Arthur, the museum cat
Those of you who have visited us over the last few years will most probably have met Arthur, the huge white museum cat. Lots of visitors knew of him and some came just to say hi. We are sorry to announce that he has recently passed away - he's hugely missed here.
Arthur came to live at the museum by choice some years ago and since has been a well-established feature - he appeared on tv, had a article in Cat World magazine, had postcards and Christmas cards sent regularly and was the highlight of many school visits, where he'd let even the roughest of tiny hands pet him in exchange for a bit of ham from their sandwiches.
Thanks to all of you who made a fuss over him through his years here. He loved your attention.
A Victorian-style pet gravestone has been commission to go in our garden to commemorate him.
- Opening our doors with HLF this year!
- New Board seeks to raise the bar!
- Humbling Hudson's Heritage Awards second
- Student Conservator of the Year award!
- Ethiopian Emperor's shield causing excitement
- The Judge's Lodging brings Napoleon to Powys!
- The Judge's Lodging versus Downton Abbey!
- Ironmongers Extraordinaire!
- Sporting Life in Presteigne exhibition opens
- Racing into Spring!
- Christmas good wishes and a huge thank you
- National award headed our way!
- Why is it so important that we smell?
- Chilling nights with Poe
- ...and on TV again!
- On your telly again!
- 29th April - A Celebration Indeed!
- Installation of the High Sheriff of Powys
- The elephant that never made it?
- Loyd Grossman and the tiny posh sandwiches
- Christmas good wishes and a big thank you
- A soggy repeat of history
- See us on TV this Autumn & Winter
- Very pleased with our new award
- Remembering a fine cat
- Pigs' ears, parrots and flaming nighties
- Arthur, the museum cat