Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
29th April - A Celebration Indeed!
We have another special reason for celebrating on 29th April - The Judge's Lodging has just been awarded a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund for the new Presteigne Community Collections Project.
Did you know that we hold a local history collection of over 2,000 objects ? From photos and paperwork of Presteigne people & businesses, to clothes, shop items, toys, tools and war memorabilia.
Thanks to the support of HLF and the Welsh Assembly Government, we will now be working on two brand new rooms just for you - one permanent display room on Presteigne, with a chill-out space, toys & books for everyone aged 1 to 100+, computer interactives and a great selection of hot drinks. The other room will become our new temporary exhibition gallery, which will house a changing programme of displays and events working with YOU, the people of our community and our supporters.
So what do you want? If you are in town for the Royal Wedding street party, then you can come along and tell us. Drop in between 2-6pm and meet some of the star items that form YOUR heritage collection. Have a free cuppa with us, look at hundreds of photos, find out a bit more about our plans and take the Mystery Object challenge.
Be a part of your history - get involved with this exciting new project!
We are looking for local people to join us in this exciting new work. There are all sorts of things you can do to be a part of your museum - help us look after the objects themselves, research, work on events, put exhibitions together, even gardening, if that is your thing.
There will be exciting training and workshops on looking after museum objects, working with images, family history, oral history and more over the next year. You don't need to commit yourself to anything right now, just let us know if you may be interested and we will be in touch really soon.
We are currently putting together a community panel who will meet four times over the next year to look at subject matter for the new displays and the sorts of exhibitions you would like to see happen in the new space. If you would be interested in joining this, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you can't pop down on the 29th, don't worry, we're always happy to listen to your ideas. Talk to Gaby or Dave if you see them - drop in, call us on 01544 260650 or, easiest to get to us quickly - email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Bryson loves our kitchen!
- Local children want to share their town!
- Lawrence of Arabia charity shows support
- Legendary food!
- Ironmongers Extraordinaire!
- Sporting Life in Presteigne exhibition opens
- Racing into Spring!
- Christmas good wishes and a huge thank you
- National award headed our way!
- Why is it so important that we smell?
- The Judge's Lodging versus Downton Abbey!
- Chilling nights with Poe
- ...and on TV again!
- On your telly again!
- 29th April - A Celebration Indeed!
- Installation of the High Sheriff of Powys
- The elephant that never made it?
- Loyd Grossman and the tiny posh sandwiches
- Christmas good wishes and a big thank you
- A soggy repeat of history
- See us on TV this Autumn & Winter
- Very pleased with our new award
- Remembering a fine cat
- Pigs' ears, parrots and flaming nighties
- Arthur, the museum cat