Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
When clothes have acquired an unpleasant odour by being from air, charcoal, laid in folds, will remove it soon. 1852
As with all our historical handy hints, this is a real tip from a Victorian book. We cannot say that it'll work and it's up to you if you want to try!
If you liked this handy hint, why not check out these:
- Anti-magnetic properties of the onion
- To revive cut flowers after packing
- To promote the growth of hair
- To clean gilt buckles, chains &c.
- An insect trap
- To remove grease from books
- Antidote against mice
- To take mildew out of linen
- Keeping your kettle clean
- Creaking hinges
- The right sort of bath
- Exercising the lungs