Explore the fascinating world of the Victorian judges at this award-winning historic house.
A bit of soap rubbed on the hinges of a door will prevent their creaking. 1852
As with all our historical handy hints, this is a real tip from a Victorian book. We cannot say that it'll work and it's up to you if you want to try!
If you liked this handy hint, why not check out these:
- Anti-magnetic properties of the onion
- To revive cut flowers after packing
- To promote the growth of hair
- To clean gilt buckles, chains &c.
- An insect trap
- To remove grease from books
- Antidote against mice
- To take mildew out of linen
- Keeping your kettle clean
- Musty clothes
- The right sort of bath
- Exercising the lungs